Open Forum Radio – Episode 430
OFR Season 9 (Episode 51) – OFR Are You Not Entertained?
Tuesday, Nov 13th 2018 10:05 EST.
Introduction & Roll Call: TMO, Jay aka ExtremeSh4ft, Derek, Vladz
(Feedback at OFRfeedback@gmail.com)
Everything Xbox Announced During XO18 Microsoft’s two-hour Game Pass advert told us everything about the future of Xbox Microsoft’s two-hour Game Pass advert told us everything about the future of Xbox. The next Xbox platform isn’t some super powerful 8K console, or a streaming box, or xCloud, or a Windows PC. Or rather, it’s all of those things and (quite possibly) more
- Microsoft Studios has acquired both Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment.
- Crackdown 3 is releasing on February 15, 2019 – It will be on Xbox Game Pass on the day it releases. Alongside the campaign it will have a multiplayer mode called Wrecking Zone. The original Crackdown is free in the Microsoft Store until November 30. Quote paraphrased is ‘that if you are on 1st generation Xbox One, PC or Xbox One X your destruction experience will be the same thanks to the cloud’
- Windows Store Phil Spencer spoke about taking on a “bigger leadership role” to implement some improvements to make it “tailored toward the gamers.”
- #GiveWithXbox The holiday season is a time of giving and we believe the gaming community loves to give back. For every social photo post about what gaming together means and tagged with #GiveWithXbox Xbox will donate $5 USD of Xbox products, up to $1M, split among Child’s Play, Gamers Outreach, SpecialEffect, and Operation Supply Drop. Xbox is excited to team up with these four charities who help bring gaming to everyone.
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is getting a physical edition. Ninja Theory’s game about the mind and mythology is going to be on store shelves. It’s also coming to Game Pass in December.
- KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is going to have Winnie the Pooh minigames.
- Final Fantasy – The Final Fantasy XIII series is getting backwards compatibility. Starting next week, you’ll be able to play Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns for the Xbox 360 on an Xbox One using the console’s backward compatibility feature. An entire suite of Final Fantasy games are coming to Xbox One. Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, and Final Fantasy XII will all come to Xbox One sometime in 2019.
- Civilization Revolution is enhanced for Xbox One. While you can already play Civilization Revolution using Xbox One backward compatibility, but there’s a version that’s enhanced with the Xbox One coming soon.
- Sea of Thieves is getting a new game mode. The Arena is a new way of playing Seas of Thieves that pits crews against each other to see who can get the most treasure and, therefore, the most pirate glory. It will appear in the game sometime in “early 2019.”
- State of Decay 2 is adding some new weapons, gear, and enemies in the Zed Hunter update.
- Just Cause 4 – Tornadoes roam the open world. The new trailer Eye of The Storm Cinematic Trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 has a mode called ““The Void” for practicing. Players will be able to use The Void as a training space for fine-tuning their Devil May Cry skills.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is getting a new challenge tomb. It is a The Forge Trailer There are some new weapons, you can play it single player or co-op, and there’s a time attack mode.
- Mouse and keyboard support are coming to 14 titles. Bomber Crew, Warface, Children of Morta, Minion Master, DayZ, Warframe, Strange Brigade, Deep Rock Galactic, Warhammer Vermintide 2, Moonlighter, Wargroove, Vigor, War Thunder, X-Morph: Defense, and Fortnite are all taking advantage of the Xbox One’s new ability to use mouse and keyboard. Those games will implement the new inputs on November 14. (Today or now since you are listening to OFR)
- Winter of Arcade, a throwback to Summer of Arcade, is coming to Xbox later this year. The stream announced that it exists, but not what the games will be.
- Forza Horizon 4 has a new expansion coming out later this year. It takes players to Fortune Island and Weather System Reveal , where they can see lightning storms and the aurora borealis on a big, rocky mountain covered by winding roads.
- 16 games were announced for Xbox Game Pass. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Thief of Thieves Season 1, Void Bastards Announcement Trailer, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, The Good Life, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Aftercharge, Supermarket Shriek, Mutant Year Zero, Pathologic 2, Secret Neighbor, Agents of Mayhem, MXGP 3, and Thomas Was Alone.
- Xbox One X will be $100 less for Black Friday Sale (Nov 18th – 26th)
The Moment Diablo Died At Blizzcon 2018 OMG the silence…. sad
Chicago says “Are you not amused?” services such as PlayStation Vue, Music, Plus, and others as Sony complies with the city’s 9% Amusement Tax.
- “Amusement” means: (1) any exhibition, performance, presentation or show for entertainment purposes, including, but not limited to, any theatrical, dramatic, musical or spectacular performance, promotional show, motion picture show, flower, poultry or animal show, animal act, circus, rodeo, athletic contest, sport, game or similar exhibition such as boxing, wrestling, skating, dancing, swimming, racing, or riding on animals or vehicles, baseball, basketball, softball, football, tennis, golf, hockey, track and field games, bowling or billiard or pool games; (2) any entertainment or recreational activity for public participation or a membership or other basis including, but not limited to, carnivals, amusement park rides and games, bowling, billiards and pool games, dancing, tennis, racquetball, swimming, weightlifting, bodybuilding or similar activities; or (3) any paid television programming, whether transmitted by wire, cable, fibex optics, laser, microwave, radio, satellite or similar means.
Stan Lee passes away at 95 Excelsior!
Best 😀 & Worst 🖕 of the week (Try to stick to 1 thing and 1 Worst thing)
Best: Bohemian Rhapsody Worst: Broke a 2 old crowns and spent 70 mins in the dentist chair tonight “talking” to the dentist and his assistant… pretty one sided, but still not too bad.
Best: It’s cold here too Worst: House of Cards Ending
best: sons bedroom got delivered Worst: still missing pieces not coming till this weekend
Our World (Top 3 Things you saw, heard or played)
Haunting of Hill House, RDR2, Walking Dead red dead 2 playing like a good guy but gangsta , cod blops 4 ,battlefield v , the last ship , walking dead, https://youtu.be/DksSPZTZES0 song of the week cry me a river justin timberlake RDR2, The Rookie, Modern Family
- NFL 🏈 Week 10
- Holy Cow!! – The Cowboys won!!
- Saints are no DAMN joke
- Huge MNF next week in Mexico: Chiefs vs Rams
- OFR FF 🏈 Week 10
- College Football 🏈 No upsets
Shout-outs: 😎 🖕 Family, friends, friends of the show OFR Crew 🖕 😎 ofr crew , rocketchip, josh laney ,dragon59. Meef j . jay guiles , ice tea, stuart page 2 screen , fred french ,