Open Forum Radio – Episode 438
OFR Season 10 (Episode 7) – OFR Poll Dancing
Tuesday, Jan 8th 2019 10:00 EST.
Introduction & Roll Call: TMO, Derek, Vladz
(Feedback at OFRfeedback@gmail.com)
- Not enough evidence that screen time is harmful to children
- I’ve seen ‘studies’ over the years on is this harmful is that harmful (games, too much TV, violent movies, etc.) and the something comes out that says the exact opposite. We all have kids, have you had to impose limits on ‘screen-time’’ ?
- If you ask Google “polls is too much screen time bad for kids” – Everything seems to point to yes, too much ‘screen time’ is terrible.
- You ripped me off!!! (but that’s okay) Lawsuit over similarities between Fallout Shelter and Westworld game settled “amicably” Which means someone had to open their wallet.
- Westworld game was released Summer 2018. Only on mobile at this point. This game looks sort of cool, but I’m not a mobile gamer. Please bring this to Xbox Gamespass!
- Updates to the Xbox Controller: There are multiple patents for the controller ‘MOTOR-DRIVEN ADJUSTABLE-TENSION TRIGGER’
- I want to see improvements the thumbsticks, especially in the LEFT thumbstick. Make it more durable.
- Will this have an effect on gaming designs and release windows? New games must comply to accessibility guidelines after FCC waivers expire “Specifically the legislation states that in-game communications such as video and voice chat, and any UI or information needed to navigate to and operate the communication functionality must be accessible to people with a range of conditions such as vision or speech difficulties.” “The list of criteria specifies that devs must meet the criteria as far as is is achievable, with ‘achievable’ meaning within reasonable cost and effort,” the IGDA advised.
- Since it seems that studios with AAA titles will have the means to absorb the cost and effort to comply, do you think this will extend or change gaming release windows or design?
- Hey things are looking up for Gamestop shares surge 12% – (but no, this is the end, or at least the end is clearly in site)
- The video game and electronics company has struggled as competition from Amazon and digital gaming have eaten into its sales. Revenues have dropped for four of the last five years, and investors aren’t happy. Its stock, which has a $1.5 billion market value, declined 30 percent last year.
Our World (Top Things you saw, heard or played)
COD WWII, Football, Ellen’s Game of Games The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The DPS sucks, The Kominsky Method call of duty , ant man and wasp , underworld blood war , equalizer 2 good rental deal at video store lol Porn Star Dancing song of the week pornstar dancing by my darkest days
- NFL 🏈
- College Football 🏈
Clemson are National Champs 44-16
Shout-outs: 😎 🖕 Family, friends, friends of the show OFR Crew 🖕 😎 Pete Davidson
Hope for us all…..