Tuesday, April 25th 2017 – 9:50 EST.
Introduction & Roll Call: Vladz, Derek, Jason & Clip from TMO
Main Topics/Group Discussion: (Feedback at OFRfeedback@gmail.com)
Even though this is only OFR 349 – You’d think we’d be looking ahead at the big 3 Five Oh…. But this other number kept popping up and we thought about almost just skipping all the way to 399 as that seemed to be the magic number flying around since our show last week. – Rumor has it…. If you have 399 Euros in your pocket you might be able to exchange that for a Project Scorpio (Or about $430 US dollars) A listing for Microsoft’s Project Scorpio has been spotted on the Spanish Xtralife.es online store (if this is confirmed, i will be very happy)
Who saw this coming? Digital games sales are dominating the US games market, pushing boxed games towards an increasingly niche audience. digital accounts for 74 percent of all sales. A: OFR & EVERYONE else buying and playing games did!
Classic Nintendo. I give them a grade of F after they cancel production (if you want to have called it that of the NES Classic) as they throw this carrot out there for the masses SNES Classic Edition Reportedly Coming This Year – Well, count me out.
- Would you pick up a PS2 mini? Or Xbox classic? What games would you bundle it with?
- Star Wars Battlefront II – Better than before This time around, combat will be more demanding.
- COD leaked marketing materials show a Friday, November 3 release date and more this Wednesday @ 10 am so as you listen to this it’ll already be out.
- Look for Normandy beach landing, Band of Brothers type story lines, etc.
- Screenshots leaked:
Fox gets the X The X-Files is coming back for an 11th season with 10 episodes this time
Best & Worst of the week (Try to stick to 1 Best thing and 1 Worst thing)
Best: Gotham is BACK! 2nd Best: I can hang… Week of no sleep puppy, OFR podcast night, 2:40 am start time for work, Running a band booster meeting, drive to and back from Baltimore to see a band, then early morning set-up for concession stand at an estate sale… and I’m still alive!!
Best: summer shows are back best: kids had so much fun in florida
Best: Took my son to WOF and got us season passes Worst: Had to work 15 hrs Thursday and still had to go in on Sunday (silver lining, $40+/hr is nice)
LA GUNS, Vladz’s song of the week is LA GUNS’s Rip and Tear from 1989, Marvel’s Civil War (finally) black ops 2 , titanfall 2 , dead rising 4 , couple of cheesy movies unsullied , daylight ends, Work, Gym, Sleep, Repeat…lol Song of the week: The Revivalists – Wish I Knew You
—->> TMO Clip Best: Balance & coordination better but. Worst: Still in rehab
NFL 2017 schedules were released. How’s your team’s road to the Super Bowl look?
- Dolphins get Patriots twice in 15 days
- NFL does Sunday Night right schedule starts with Giants at Cowboys
- Right after the game Eli will be auctioning off ‘game worn’ memorabilia on his ebay storefront
- A few boring match-ups listed here
- Poor Browns fans
- Draft starts Thursday, best of luck to everyone
- We talked about this a few shows back. ESPN is going under. Sounds CRAZY right? RIGHT?!! But… Every single day this year ESPN has lost roughly 10,000 cable and satellite subscribers. Per day! And now more people are seeing the bottom line ESPN will cut more than 40 on-air personalities in May I hate to MTV… ESPN but I think they should add Sports dramas and comedies to their schedule to help keep fans willing to not drop them. Bring back PLAYMAKERS do a cross channel tie-in with HBO’s BALLERS BUT… put them on when they make sense, don’t air them instead of a football or baseball game, or better yet, make a ESPNTV channel that plays content like this that you only get with the ESPN package. Do a beyond the headlines content like players dealing with injuries from sports and getting along with new professions, do something on concussions… identifying them, dealing with them at all levels, safety advancements, don’t be afraid to be honest but also don’t point the finger solely back at things like the NFL head office or your channel will be shorter lived that you think. Try something new and ditch what doesn’t work, but offer something up to justify yourself in a world that just wants to cut the cord. Oh, and a side note about why people can live without ESPN or Network TV that used to be committed viewers (and I won’t get into players taking a knee) but as much as I think we saw a resurgence of sports viewers with Fantasy Leagues, now that smartphones are in every pocket I can get updates on my team while I’m in church. I can see the scores real time, I don’t have to watch my team punish the Browns. Even as much as well all enjoy it, I really just want to know we got a W and what did my RB and TE starting this week do for my totals in the OFR league.
UFC/Boxing 75 Million? Maybe more… Conor McGregor reveals he will make over $100m in fight with Floyd Mayweather
Shout-outs: The Drunk guy at the club – too bad you won’t be able to piece the night together from looking at your pictures. Fans of all ages supporting like music, designated driver Vladz, My Job, my OFR Crew and family, TMO hope you get better soon, Short and sweet: thank you to OFR network for letting us do this show, the OFR Crew and all the listeners that tune in every week, TMO big ups to you, get well autocad brotha,. Ofr crew, tmo, all the listeners and and community, we love feedback on the things , would like to hear the goods and the bads ,