Open Forum Radio – Episode 375
OFR Season 8 (Episode 48) – Do you smell that?
Tuesday, October 24th 2017 9:57 EST.
Introduction & Roll Call: TMO, Vladz, Derek, Jason
Main Topics/Group Discussion:
(Feedback at OFRfeedback@gmail.com)
Old favorites are back again. Some of the names that you may see when the Xbox One flips the switch on backward compatibility to the original Xbox
- Vladz’s friend Chris at work: YES!! Ninja Gaiden black (from 2004) – appears to be on that list.
- Here is a list of the first 13 games
Stoked for Black, it’s like Phil listens to us
The countdown the the X is running!!
- Digital Foundry did a Shadow of War: Early Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro Graphics Comparison – We do NOT want to get into a Console A vs Console B thing here… but, after years of having Microsoft’s nose being rubbed in the pixel count of each game review, please allow us to pull just a FEW of the more positive quotes in this console comparison for Shadow of War done by Digital Foundry:
- “Some textures on PS4 Pro remain stuck at the same muddy quality setting as a standard PS4 or Xbox One…. and we are stuck with these glaring low resolution assets”
- “The problem is it doesn’t sit well with PS4 Pro’s promise at all….coming to the rescue the is the Xbox One X version”
- “That texture problem on PS4 Pro is completely eradicated. By brute force of the console’s 12 GB of GDDR memory, at last we have PC’s top grade textures on console”
- Put into example “Ground textures get a clear resolution bump from the from the ‘soup like’ results on Pro to a sharper clearer result on Xbox One X”
- “Shadow of War gives us a prime early example of why Xbox One X is on point for running games at 4K. The sense is that a higher pixel count alone isn’t enough. More importantly this console has the extra memory resources to give those pixels more to show off. Better textures and improved loads. In the case of Shadow of War at least, Microsoft has put together the right hardware for the job. And it is great to see more visual options making it’s way into the game as well.
- At the start of this generation 8GB of GDDR5 memory seemed overkill for Sony’s console, however with the adoption of HDR TVs and based on this evidence it’s possible that Xbox One X 12GB of GDDR5 memory is a good case of forward thinking.”
- In summary those of you waiting for PC-like graphics on a console have only a few days to wait see them on your Xbox One X.
Star Wars Battlefront II campaign: 5-8 hours matches up pretty closely with the length of Call of Duty games. Get ready! The game launches on November 17 – just 10 days after the X drops
Walking Dead returned this week!!!
Spotify announced the launch of RISE a new program designed to “identify and break the next wave of music superstars,” the company says.
Starting this Friday night Oct 27th Gears of War 4 Halloween Event
Best & Worst of the week (Try to stick to 1 Best thing and 1 Worst thing)
Best: Derek is back Worst: Missing Derek so very much i love him
Best: Mama’s 71st birthday party Sat. Best: Got her a laptop & she loves it
Best: OT at work, big projects, fun and busy Worst: Chiefs lost again, and Fantasy isn’t going well
Best: new phone and vr kit Worst: very sick and miss ofr / not buying no new games until x and seeing 4k enhancements on existing titles. sorry boys i missed a couple weeks will you forgive me and not fire me
Our World (Top 3 Things you saw, heard or played)
Gotham, Walking Dead, Penn State game Walking Dead, Narcos Ssn 3, The House, Marvel’s Inhumans NASCAR Sunday (Hollywood Casino 400), South Park, Song of the Week: Havana – Camila Cabello. Battlefield 1 impale . gears 4 my kids, lots of tv . lore tv, fortnight br. Cuphead giveaway
OFR Fantasy Football Draft: http://ofr2017.league.fantasy.nfl.com/
MLB Dodgers vs Astros City of Houston is on FIRE!!!! Your welcome for verlander
The 40cast for all the great shows & Victor aka vicjohusmc86 for telling OFR I’d be a good addition since EP 77👍 ofr crew , the listeners and community ,fred french , mainiac17,isky kiddo, jay guiles , rocketchip, my kids and all the people wishing me good health , and the ladies checking in on me everyday , creepy vladz last week , don the hot tub guy , lg for free 300 dollar vr kit , thumbs down to lions u of m football and ofr fantasy , can’t wait till i can have a beer OFR Crew, 40cast, Bad Fodder Figures, Fake ESPN, Xbox One X, Black Friday Sale, Scarfinger, Blueman, Facetious, JLaw, JD, Captain, Flanny, Dawna, B-rad, OFR Network & Crew, MS for OG Xbox Black