Open Forum Radio – Episode 420
OFR Season 9 (Episode 41) – OFR Up in Smoke
Tuesday, Sept 4th 2018 9:52 EST.
Introduction & Roll Call: TMO, Derek, Vladz, Jason
(Feedback at OFRfeedback@gmail.com)
Ep 420 question: Does Being Stoned Improve Your Gaming Abilities?
- Play Video Games with The Game
- I know I can do much better in bowling after my first pitcher, but then by near the end of the 2nd pitcher my score starts to go the other way. I can’t really say it helps or hurts, but I’ve had some of my very best matches stoned outta my mind.
For me the game got more immersive like adventure games
Sorry, I dozed off there a bit…. Gamestop employees claim new Red Dead Redemption 2 demo put them to sleep
- “Beautiful game, but mostly just saw horse riding simulator. Very difficult to stay awake…” said one commenter on Reddit, while another said: “There was a shoot out after a bank heist but before the heist we saw 15 minutes of meandering through some woods and some plucky guitar playing.”
- When asked if the game looked fun, they replied: “Shootout looked decent, the bank heist was slowly paced. The game will be great and sell like mad but the demo they showed was really dry.”
- “Don’t get me wrong, I still think the game will be fantastic, just the demo was kinda boring to watch,” added another
Dude, where’s my game? Dice pushing Battlefield V out of the October chaos and has a new release of Nov 20th. in order to make “final adjustments to the core gameplay”.
- EA also adjusted its financial forecasts, reducing expectations for net bookings in the current fiscal year from $5.55 billion to $5.2 billion. In the wake of Battlefield V’s delay, EA’s shares have dropped over 9% as of early afternoon in the US.
- EA donates $1m to victims of Jacksonville shooting Publisher sets up Jacksonville Tribute fund in support of those affected
Setting itself up maybe? Anthem makers thread the needle of a cooperative shooter with solo storytelling Beautiful footage, real-time storytelling, co-op gameplay,
- Anthem’s creators say it can be the cake-and-eat-it too ideal of embracing the kind of loot-shooter design that has made Bungie’s Destiny so appealing, while still giving users more personal investment in the narrative.
- Not a HUGE Mass Effect type story crammed into the game but players stories that can expand or live on through DLC.
- Game director Jon Warner discusses the terror and excitement of leading BioWare’s new flagship IP
- Launches Feb. 21, 2019 launch for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
- I just want to stream, play whatever my Xbox games to my phone.
Best 😀 & Worst 🖕 of the week (Try to stick to 1 thing and 1 Worst thing)
Best: Home remodeling Worst: Home remodeling
Best: Xbox Game Pass $2 Worst: Family stuff
Best: arts beats and eats best: kids back from vacay back to school
Best: put up some new fencing/repaired one section of privacy fence/fiance washed my car inside and out, it’s spotless Worst: i’m a little sore
Our World (Top 3 Things you saw, heard or played)
COD WWII,Netflix show Insatiable, Forza 3 The Meg, Upgrade, CFB is back, Just Cause 3 PubG, COD WW2, relaxing on the holiday, SotW: Happier – Marshmellow ft. Bastille. Codww2 went to extremes house and tweaked his set up a bit . arts beats and eats no time for gaming this week Afroman – Because I Got High cmon man best 420 song ever afroman baby Probably heard some of that in the intro
- NFL 🏈
- College Football 🏈 is back!!
Shout-outs: 😎 🖕 Family, friends, friends of the show OFR Crew, 😎 🖕 ofr crew , extreme shaft , rocketchip , roseanne for the awesome dinner for me and the boys, insomnia 176 , fred french , meef j , stuart page2 screen , snoop dog , gods herbal gift to the world , the color green white, red and purp , and the really fun names for cannabis , like death star ,yoda og , alien abduction , brain wreck , skywalker og , maui waui , and sour diesel